Diving Life Made Easy
Suunto D5 is designed to be so clear and easy-to-use that you can just enjoy and focus on exploring the wonderful underwater world. When not diving, connect wirelessly to Suunto app and receive notifications from the applications you use. Play with style by choosing your favorite color or just by simply changing the straps to match your looks. Suunto D5 connects your two lives: the adventure under the surface but also the great experiences you can relive and share with your friends afterwards.
- 100 M Water Resistant
- Wireless cylinder pressure with optional tank pod
- Vibration alarms
- Digital compass
- Wireless mobile connection
- Interchangeable straps
- rechargeable battery
- update-able software
Easy to Use
Follow your dive details on the super clear, high contrast color screen. Choose from 3 dive modes and browse the simple yet intuitive menu with three buttons to easily switch between views and settings. Keep your device easily up-to-date with SuuntoLink and make your dive life one step easier.
Diving Life Made Easy
Pair your Suunto D5 with Suunto app and stay connected with the diving community and the non-diving life of yours. Receive notifications to your mobile of the applications you use and never miss an adventure.
Transfer your dive logs over Bluetooth to build an all-inclusive dive history to relive and share with your friends. With the location feature every dive and adventure is always on the map.
Suunto app is available in the App Store and Google Play.
Match with Your Style
Change the strap easily with the clever quick release system to fit your style. Choose a color that matches your diving gear or pick your favorite color silicone strap or leather to complete your casual style.
Follow your gas pressure conveniently straight from your wrist. Get tank pressure on your display wirelessly by pairing your Suunto D5 with the Suunto Tank POD before diving. After dive review your gas consumption (when using Suunto Tank POD) in Suunto app and improve your diving.
At the heart of every Suunto dive computer is an algorithm – the reduced gradient bubble model (RGBM) – that calculates decompression for a dive. Relentlessly pursuing ever best models for divers of all types, Suunto continues to push for RGBM perfection. Suunto has been developing RGBM algorithms together with Dr. Bruce Wienke for well over a decade. A rich history full of science, development, and underwater experience lies within every Suunto dive computer.
Suunto Fused™ RGBM, Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2
The Suunto Fused™ RGBM algorithm seamlessly combines the benefits of the Suunto Technical RGBM with the latest full RGBM for deep dives. It has rebreather capability and supports dives down to 150 m.
Suunto Fused RGBM automatically switches between the two models to effectively manage the risks of decompression sickness. The Fused RGBM is available in Suunto EON Core and Suunto EON Steel (software versions up to 1.6.5) and Suunto DX.
- Helps maximize bottom time while minimizing ascent time; novice divers can use the same Suunto dive computer including Suunto Fused RGBM as they advance in their hobby.
- Provides a slow continuous ascent from depth so technical and deep divers have shorter total decompression time.
- Thoroughly tested with over 1,000 field dives by Suunto test diving team and validated by comprehensive laboratory test dives.
Based on customer feedback, Suunto has adjusted Suunto Fused™ RGBM to a less conservative direction. The adjusted algorithm – Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2 – allows shorter ascent times on deep air dives and on repetitive dives. On repetitive dives, the change primarily affects Air/Nitrox dives.
In addition, the Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2 doesn’t require your body to be completely free of residual gases when calculating no-fly times for a normal airline pressurized up to 3000 meters. The change reduces the required time between your last dive and flying while maintaining your safety. The updated algorithm Fused™ RBGM 2 is introduced in the Suunto D5.
DR. Bruce Wienke:
“RGBM is the most realistic model in science. The parameters are correlated with real data of thousands of dives which makes it good physics, and the data is validated and correlated. I have been working with Suunto since the 90’s and Suunto’s progression from Suunto RGBM to Technical RGBM and now to Suunto Fused™ RGBM is a very natural one. The new algorithm is a supermodel that covers all types of diving.”
- Maximum operating depth (EN 13319) 100 m / 328 ft (EN 13319, ISO 6425)
- Nitrox (and air)
- Dive time 0 to 999 min
- Surface time 0 to 100 h
- No fly time
- Safety Stop
- Deep Stop
- Ascent time display 0 – 999 min ( > after 999)
- CNS/OTU (OLF) calculation
- Gas time
- Gas consumption (real-time)
- Custom displays 4 per dive mode
- Visual style
- Personal adjustment P+2, P+1, P0, P-1, P-2
- Altitude adjustment 0 – 300 m / 300 -1500 m / 1500 – 3000 m
- Gases up to 3 gases (Oxygen 21 – 99%)
- Gas max pO2 1.6ata
- No-decompression planner
- Logbook bookmarks
- Dive History lifetime
- Decompression model Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2
- Logbook sampling rates scubadive 10s, freedive 1s
- Wireless air integration optional (up to 3 different tanks with Suunto Tank POD)
- Logbook memory 200h or 400 dives which comes first
Dive Alarms & Notifications
- Dive time
- Maximum Depth
- Tank Pressure
- Gas Time
- High PO2 (hyperoxic)
- Too fast ascent
- Decompression ceiling violation
- Deepstop Violation
- CNS/OTU (OLF) 80%/100%
- Switch Gas (better gas available