September 21 to September 30, 2024
The Visayas region is home to some of the best diving in the Philippines, with its nutrient rich water supporting a variety of eco-systems & a wide diversity of marine life. Sites range from steep coral covered walls to gentle sloping reefs and muck diving hotspots. During the tour we visit and dive the islands of Cebu, Cabilao, Panglao, Balicasag and Pescador. Along with Apo Island marine sanctuary and critter hot spot Dauin. There is reef diving, muck diving, huge schools of fish, pelagic, macro and more!! On this 10-night liveaboard trip we will also stop at the remote island of Malapascua whit its world famous and unique dive spot “Monad Shoal” the only dive spot in the world where thresher sharks are constantly seen. This is one of Eric and Ann’s favorite trips and routes; amazing bio-diversity and relaxing diving..
What is included?
- * 11 days/ 10 nights/9 days of diving
- * Taxes
- , full board accommodations based on double occupancy
- * Meals while on boat, including water, tea, coffee, juices and soft drinks
- * transfers on arrival if traveling with the group
May I use my rebreather?
This is a rebreather friendly trip ! There will be an additional charge for rebreather cylinders, oxygen fills, and sorb. Rebreather divers need to notify us as soon as possible to make sure the boat brings the sorb and cylinders to the boat. Helium will be available to qualified rebreather divers but subject to local availability and cost. So, yes, you may use your rebreather.
May I sidemount dive?
This is a sidemount diver friendly vessel! You will need to bring your own hardware.
Special Oceanic Ventures Connoisseur Club Benefit
- * trip brochure and packet,
- * trip shirt, and travel leader.
Other activities that can be arranged…
Shopping in town, City and cultural tours
What is not included?
Airfare, airport tax, marine park fee ($156 est.), nitrox, fuel surcharge, hotels in transit, tips for local dive staff, sorb, diving equipment other than cylinders and weights, rebreather cylinder rentals, mixed gasses, decompression gasses, meals and drinks in transit, extras listed above and shopping.
How do I get there?
There are several options; but the best is on Eva Air direct and non-stop Houston to Taipei (16 hrs.) then Taipei to Cebu (4 hrs.) We have a wholesale contract to be able to do agent wholesale tickets and the economy plus seating area is wonderful. Also, with these fares you may be able to earn either Star Alliance miles or United miles. Ask your tour professional for recommendations. email@example.com
Embarkation – Be Resorts, Mactan Island, Cebu @ 13:00pm (subject to change)
Disembarkation – Be Resorts, Mactan Island, Cebu @ 10:00am (subject to change)
What is the boat like?
The Cabins – 8 large aircon cabins, Individual aircon control, Personal audio/video system, Ensuite bathroom with hot water, Overhead reading lights, Lockable safety box, Cupboards for personal items, Bath & hand towels, Bathrobe
The Diving – Shaded dive deck, Individual dive stations, Personal storage drawers, 12L Aluminum Tanks, weights & belt, Personal Diving/Deck Towel, Free Nitrox refills, Diving courses (charges apply)
The Boat – Aircon lounge/cocktail bar, Comfortable lounge sofas,42″ Flatscreen TV, Library of movies, books & games, Covered outdoor dining, All meals served buffet style, Self-service drinks & snacks*, Sundeck (8 cushioned loungers), 2 high powered RIBs,
The Extras (some charges apply) – Same day laundry, Massage (available 3 hours/day- some charges may apply), Yacht boutique (Equipment/Merchandise- charges apply), Kayak usage, some wine and beer cost extra
What other things should I be aware of?
- Local taxes and port fees must be paid in advance and are added to your final payment. (Estimated $250 USD)
- Nitrox is $250 per person per charter, paid in advance and added to your final payment..
- Advanced Open Water and 40 logged dives are recommended for this route. See Ann if you are interested in the trip but do not at this time meet the requirements.
- Fit to Dive: all guests must complete a fit to dive form www.masterliveaboards.com/forms
- COVID 19 Vaccination: At this time there is a vaccine requirement to enter the Philippines.
- Air Schedules: air schedules have not been published but it most likely we will need to do a contract charter in order to get all of guests to Honiara and back to meet the vessel’s schedules. At this time it is probably not possible to use miles for your trip. Plan to budget apx $2500 for air. We will negotiate the best contract possible and there should be options for upgrade to business class service.
The Philippines requires proof of a COVID vacination. The traveler must be free from COVID before departure. A COVID test is required before departure and a test is required to return to the United States. These requirements are subject to change
The Fine Print…
Please see the Terms & Conditions page for a listing of our travel policies. Additionally, please see the Master Liveaboard terms and conditions. By depositing on the trip, you agree to both sets of terms and conditions. All prices are subject to change until booked and ticketed. All moneys are due in full on deposit even if not paid in full and some penalties may ably for cancellations based on the operators policies and group penalties. As with most small island properties and vessels, cancellations are more of an issue so they have limited ability to fill unused spaces. We highly recommend trip insurance to help avoid any unnecessary problems and should be purchased within 14 das of the initial deposit to receive the most benefit. No refunds for missed flights or changes in plans. Trip insurance and diving insurance can be found at http://oceanicventures.com/travel-insurance/. Both Dive Assure/DAN and Travel Guard have a family plan. Diving Accident and Medical Insurance is required. Vessel and OVI travel releases are required. Please plan to bring a copy of your logbook, c-card, and diving insurance.
Passport must have a minimum of 6 months validity prior to passport expiration. No refunds for missed flights or boats.
Note: All guests spaces are reserved upon deposit. But unless a minimum number of guest sign up for the trip by the deadline dates, an Oceanic Ventures trip leader will not be attending.
September 21 – 30, 2024
Airfare is not included in this trip. Your destination is Cebu
It is best to fly with the group so please let us help you plan this part of the trip. The air schedules for this trip have not been set yet so air will require some patience.
Depending on your air schedule, 1 night in a transit hotel may be necessary. Please contact Dive Mom for assistance.
All per person double and Club membership. First booked, first choice. Only 15 guest spaces available
- * $4,480 pp
- * $4,350 pp/dfc/Club
Deposit & Final Payment
- * $500 pp early bird special After 2/3 vessel is sold or January of 2023, $1,500 pp and completed trip application is required.
- * $1,500 plus trip insurance
- * Final payment due – January 1, 2024
- * Deposit and Completed Trip Application are required to hold your space and cabin selection.
- * An Oceanic Ventures Application/Travel Release is required at time of booking
- * A boat Release is required by the final payment date
- * We cannot guarantee a roommate unless you are booking together with someone, so plan on a single supplement
- * As with most small liveaboard operations, cancellations are more of an issue so they have limited ability to fill unused spaces. We always recommend trip insurance to help avoid any unnecessary problems. There are no refunds for missed flights or changes in plans. Travel Insurance (ie: comprehensive accident, medical, baggage and trip cancellation and interruption insurance) purchased at the time their reservation is made, may help protect guests from financial disappointment if they are prevented from making their scheduled trip due to illness or family illness, or in the event that unforeseen circumstances prevent the airline or yacht from making its scheduled trip.
- * The United States is requiring a COVID test prior to re-entering the country. The boat will handle getting everyone COVID tested prior to boarding your return flight.
- * Passport must have a minimum of 6 months validity prior to passport expiration
- * We require diving accident insurance. For your convenience below are links to Dive Assure . Both organizations offer Travel Insurance and Dive Accident Insurance and be purchased via our web site at https://oceanicventures.com/travel-insurance/. Both Dive Assure and Travel Guard have a family plan. Dive Assure is diving insurance and also has a travel insurance option.
We highly recommend travel insurance to help cover you for unknown events that may occur. You should purchase it within 14 days of your deposit to receive the most benefit from the policy. We also recommend that you have coverage to help you in the event you need to leave for weather or other emergencies.