I have heard some comments that all I recommend are high sugar deserts. Well that is probably right but I went out and found a posting from Martha Stewart entitled 17 Smarter Dessert Recipes That Are Great for Everyone, Including People with Diabetes There were some very interesting ones and this one caught my eye, It could be done with any fresh fruit or even with frozen strawberries. Maybe you might want to give it a try. Here is the recipe from Martha Stewart…
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Step 1 Pulse dates, nuts, oats, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Step 2 Press the date mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Step 3 Mash half the strawberries and spread on top of date mixture. Top with remaining strawberries. Slice into rectangles.