Learn how to operate and diver your own Closed Circuit Rebreather system from Innerspace Diving Systems The Megalodon / Tiburon was designed for the most demanding dives with consideration for the diver and their needs. Addressing not only the basic requirements of performance that a true 3rd party tested CCR must undergo, but also the other considerations that is not considered, such as travel and conducting repairs in remote locations. The new Tiburon head is powered by Shearwater Electronics. A shearwater handset controls the head and a shearwater HUD. A NERD 2 can also be added to replace the HUD.
What is the class schedule?
|Academic Time||8-12 hours|
|Confined Water||60 Minutes of confined water time|
|Open Water Session||360 minutes of dive time over 8 dives. It is better for you to go with us to a Caribbean location for the open water training|
To benefit most from the course, you should complete all of the reading and textbook exercises prior to attending class. You will also need a total diving system including weights, and cylinders. The weight cylinders can be rented for the program from Oceanic Ventures
Like any training program, your ratings and certification cards will be awarded when earned and by completing all of the requirements and paperwork.
What is included in the program?
- Instruction for all class, pool & open water sessions
- Educational materials including, lecture notes and cards when earned
- Use of instructional aids for class
Not Included: CCR Unit, Total Diving System, your expenses such as Oxygen, Sorb, lodging, transportation to the open water sessions (car pool can be arranged), park entrance fees, diving costs. The Instructors expenses will be split between all students at the end of class.
What equipment is required?
Required Equipment beyond Basic System: Your instructor will work with you to determine what is best for your needs and goals (please wait and talk to your instructor prior to purchasing new equipment so you don’t purchase things you may not be able to use in the program)
- A Megalodon Rebreather (Tiburon, Mk15 ,2.7 or 2.5)
The new Tiburon head is powered by Shearwater Electronics. A shearwater handset controls the head and a shearwater HUD. A NERD 2 can also be added to replace the HUD.
- • Very customizable being a modular rebreather
- • Mixed Gas capable
- • 5.5lb Radial Scrubber (8lb Radial additional)
- • eCCR configuration with Shearwater color handset, HUD (NERD 2 can be added)
- • Counter lung system designed for water trapping, water expulsion and easy work of breathing.
- • ISC Exclusive dual partitioned breathing loop protects the diver from caustic cocktails.
- • Aluminum canister with black mil-spec hard coat anodizing (your choice of canister size)
- • Any brand backplate/harness/ wing system will fit on the unit.
- • Shadow mounts on canister allow the mounting of any cylinder size 15cf / 2L or 23cf / 3L Fabers.
- • Will easily fit in the overhead of an airplane during travel!
What is the minimum class size and the maximum class size?
- Minimum: 2 person minimum for class,
- Maximum: 3 students
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ann Keibler at 713.523.3483 or via email.
What are the prerequisites?
The prerequisites for the course are:
- Certified in Advanced Nitrox(can be done concurrently)
- Experienced diver (100+ dives)
- Be proficient in all basic diving skills / technical diving skills strongly preferred
- Proof of dive certifications and log book required
What specialty classes are covered?
CCR Diver certification with Air Diliuent or Advanced Recreational Trimix depending on the student performance and certifications.
The objective is to be able to comfortably operate the rebreather and dive safely to 100 feet/30msw using air diluent with an operating PO2 of 1.3 ata. We can complete a limited decompression certification using Advanced Recreational Trimix to 140 fsm depending on the students performance and certifications. Safety and building your confidence on CCR is our first priority, and the training is centered around that. But remember diving is fun and we’ll make sure we have some of that during class too!
Club Member Special
Club Aquarius members receive special pricing. Log-in to see the special price.
(Club membership entitles you to discounts on many of our classes, invitations to special events, special Member previews and much much more.).